Sunday 10 February 2013

Week 5 round up

Week 5 is now done, just 11 weeks to go until the big day.
My 2 mile run on Wednesday was actually 3.5 miles as that's how long my loop is.
My 6 mile run on Thursday was 5.85 miles as that is how long the club run was. The pace on both was fine and both runs were fairly unremarkable.
Today was the longest training run so far-16 miles. The weather was drizzly and windy and cold, not really very inspiring but if it's on the plan it has to be done. I did the first 12.5 with two friends, they are both much faster than me so they did some quick miles and then waited for me in between which worked pretty well although they must have been a bit cold and wet when they were waiting. The last 3.5 were all alone, it was still cold and windy. I found the 16 miles quite hard, the pace was fine (10.39 average) but by the last few miles it was hard to keep going. I think I need to take on a bit more fuel on these very long runs, I had two gels but I was starving and lacking in energy by the end.
A massive roast dinner and chocolate pudding has helped to replace the calories I burned but it's now 8.30 and I'm ready for sleeping!

Next week the plan says 1 run of 2 miles, 1 run of 7 miles then a long run of 18 miles. I think the 2 miles will become 3.5 and 7 might become 6, it's all about the flexibility. The 18 miles will be 30km as it's the Stamford St Valentines 30km race next Sunday. As today's run took me 2.50 I'm expecting the 30km to take me a good 3.30, that's a long time to be running. I'll do it won't I?

I'm pleased with my 25.4 mile this week. Next week it's up to about 28.

1 comment:

  1. don't get fatigued. Take a week off and let your body recover.

    ReplyDelete