Thursday 18 April 2013

Put some fun in your run

Another very late blog! The 5 and 8 went well and it's lovely being able to run in the light evenings. This week's long run was 12 miles which is relatively short compared to the very long runs. I'd arranged to meet some clubmates to run with on Sunday morning so I knew it would be fun. I jogged the 2 miles from home to the Navi to meet everyone else, I think it was a record turnout as there were 12 of us. I really do belong to a very sociable club with some lovely people. We ran along the cycle path again to Elvaston castle and then did a nice big lap of the country park. Being the very serious athletes that we are we made sure we had time to stop on the playground for a quick climb of the climbing frame (and probably my favourite ever running photo). Then a nice run back with plenty of chat to a variety of people, we do cover some very diverse topics. I'm going to have to find somebody to talk at in Manchester :-)

Week 15 should be 3,5,8 although I'm sneaking in a 5k on Friday so Sam can do a fun run.

The taper is properly underway, I feel fat, sluggish and underprepared. Normal for tapering I believe. Hard to believe that in 10 days time it'll all be over (and I'll be 38!).

No comments:

Post a Comment