Saturday 13 April 2013

The last long one

Once again I'm very late with this blog but week 13 is worth blogging about.The two 5 mile runs were both fine and not much trouble, it was the 20 mile run that I was worried about. Sunday morning was coolish but dry and sunny, perfect running conditions. I ran the 2 miles to the Navigation by myself and met up with four of my clubmates for a long Sunday run. We ran along a cycle path (route 6 for those of you in the know), along the canal and onto Elvaston castle country park. We did a lap of Elvaston and then Kev guided us through villages and eventually back to the river. The run was beautiful (being mostly offroad), the weather was perfect and we had some laughs and plenty of chat.The miles just notched up easily one after another until we got back to Breaston after 16 miles (for me, 14 for them). The 16 miles were really no trouble and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I went the long way home to take me up to 20 miles, the last 4 were a lot harder as I was on my own but looking at the pace they were consistent with the other 16 so I think that's just a mental thing.

So that's it, the final very long run done. I'm still unsure how I;m going to manage another 6.2 after the 20 but I've followed the plan so in theory I should be able to do it. It just doesn't always feel like it but the crowds and the occasion will really help. I'm not feeling fit but again I think this is normal, as is the feeling that I'm piling weight on. It's the early days of taper madness.

Week 14 (almost over already!) is 4 miles, 8 miles, 12 miles. The weather is set to get warmer which could cause me problems as I've trained through a very wintery winter and much prefer cool running.

No comments:

Post a Comment